On August 6, 2011 the Extortion17 mission was the death of 17 members of Seal Team 6. This is the same group named by Joe Biden, Leon Panetta and Barack Obama as having killed Osama Bin Laden. Joe Biden and Leon Panetta have been sued by the victims’ families for that disclosure. A hearing on Extortion 17 was scheduled and held by Jason Chaffetz (Chairman) on Feb. 27, 2014 regarding the downing of their helicopter in Afghanistan. A total of 30 U.S. Service Men were killed. 1)
Among the victims was Aaron Vaughn, survived by his parents, Karen and Billy Vaughn. Other family members of the victims requested this hearing and wished their voices to be heard. This was denied.
None of the questions from Karen and Billy Vaughn submitted were read or answered at the hearing, and included;
1. Who in the chain of command or setting policies, allowed the Imam to speak over the American dead in ceremony in Afghanistan?
2. Why has a full translation and interpretation of the Imam’s message not been shared with the families?
3.Was this operational command policy or policy created by the white house and state department through MOU and Afghan leadership?
4. Why were, and who allowed foreign flags on possible US Forces caskets without knowing for sure if Afghan Nationals or US service members remains were in the coffins? Why was this not determined before returning the remains home and prior to reception of body’s by the families? 2) 3) 4)
All of the victims’ remains were cremated. According to Karen and Billy Vaughn, they gave no authorization for this action. It is documented that Aaron Vaughn notified his parents after the Bin Laden ‘mission’ to “erase yourselves from the internet” as at that point, Biden had essentially put a target on their backs. The Extortion 17 mission Chinook helicopter (not typical) was flown into a “red zone” with evidently no backup and was downed by a missile. All aboard died. The passenger manifest was changed at the last minute. Why this was done is also an unanswered question. Veiled threats from within authority have warned the families to be quiet about Extortion 17. Billy and Karen Vaughn won’t have that and invite publicity about the death of the members of Seal Team 6. The Vaughns have written the book, “Betrayed”; now available.
There have been accusations from ex military commanders; notably Gen. Paul Vallely of a coverup by the commanders and politicians privy to information undisclosed regarding Extortion17. Similar objections have been voiced by Larry Klayman, Allen West, and General Boykin 5)
The Extortion 17 mission is the largest single day loss of life for U.S.forces in Afghanistan. No surviving witnesses to the death of Bin Laden have come forward. Authorities have destroyed photographs of Bin Laden’s ‘capture’ and death. Citizens have raised their voices about Extortion 17, but as is the case with Benghazi, there are more questions than answers. The truth remains elusive.
3. Karen and Billy Vaughn submitted document to Hearing.
5. Video testimony and articles posted here: